HP LaserJet P1005 Driver – HP and Brother have been contesting which of them can produce the best budget mono printer since the days of old. Since HP’s LaserJet 1020 faced off versus Brother’s HL-2040, Brother is the ruling champ. HP LaserJet P1005 Driver Download for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Wind 8, Wind 8.1, Windows 10 (32bit – 64bit), Mac OS and Linux.
HP LaserJet P1005 Review
With the new LaserJet P1005, HP attempts to claim the crown from Brother’s revitalized HL-2140. However, with the Brother unit managing much faster publish times and better consumable costs, HP’s initiatives are still inadequate.
Still, HP has made a great initiative. Simpleness is the type in mono lasers, and the P1005 certainly is successful with this. The printer’s impact is small for a mono printer, and it’s easy to shape in constrained spaces.
However, there’s a compromise — whereas Brother’s HL-2140 enables 250 web pages in a closable paper tray. The P1005 fits a fairly meagre 150 web pages in a tray that must remain open throughout use.
Link is limited to USB 2.0. We would certainly have preferred an Ethernet link for home and small workplace networking, and the printer’s initial price point certainly justifies its addition. Nonetheless, considered that the P1005 is matched directly versus the HL-2140, we’re not surprised that Ethernet connection is reserved for a more expensive model.
The printer toner substitute is simple, following the same technique as Canon’s Laser Fired LBP 3100Braise the paper output tray and place printer toner. The P1005 will run at an average of 6c for each web page, slightly more expensive than the 4.8c each web page accomplished by the HL-2140 but still affordable.
Speed is this printer’s greatest problem. The P1005 handles 15 web pages each min at its fastest. There’s no prepared 300dpi setting as found in a most printer. The speed suffices for 600dpi publishing, but the unit does not provide for those circumstances where speed takes priority over quality.
Fortunately, publishing at 1200dpi does not slow it to a lot more; it averages12ppm at this setting. Although incomparable by inkjet printers at the same price point, these rates are easily exceeded by Brother’s printers.
The P1005 does provide excellent quality text. Text is clean with no abnormalities, although it’s relatively bolder compared to the HL-2140 — this makes text slightly fuzzier in thick documents. We prefer the Brother’s publish quality, but both are greater than adequate for standard use.
System Requirements of HP LaserJet P1005
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP x64.
- macOS 11.2, macOS 11.0, macOS 11.1, macOS 10.15, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.9, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14
- Linux 32bit, Linux 64bit.
How to Install HP LaserJet P1005 Driver
- Go to the printer’s official website, or directly click the link that the post is available to.
- Then select Operating System (OS) according to which is in use.
- Select the drivers to download.
- Open the file location that downloaded the driver, then extract (if needed).
- Connect the printer’s USB cable to your device (computer or laptop), and be sure to connect correctly.
- Open the driver file and start on the path.
- Follow the instructions until completed.
- If done, make sure to restart (if needed).
HP LaserJet P1005 Driver
- HP LaserJet P1000-P1500 Host-based Plug and Play Basic Driver: download
- Install HP Easy Start (macOS 11.2, macOS 11.0, macOS 11.1): download
- Install HP Easy Start (macOS 11.2, macOS 11.0, macOS 11.1, macOS 10.15, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.12, Mac OS X 10.9, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14): download
- HP Printers – Driver Support for Linux OS: download
HP LaserJet P1005 from HP Website.